Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Sparkling Lemon Cocktail


My parents have an overachieving lemon tree. Despite it hovering around freezing most nights the past few weeks, this little lemon-tree-that-could has borne over 200 lemons. I kid you not. What the heck am I going to do with 200 lemons? After unloading as many as I could onto friends and coworkers, I had to acknowledge the lemon problem. Get ready, friends. Lemon recipes all over this blog.

It so happens that Cooking Light chose to do a spotlight on meyer lemons this month. Coincidence? I think not.

Taken from their March issue:
  • 1  cup  water
  • 1/3  cup  sugar
  • 1  rosemary sprig
  • 1  cup  fresh Meyer lemon juice, chilled
  • 1/3  cup  chilled vodka
  • 2  cups  chilled Prosecco or other sparkling wine, chilled
The rosemary sprig really is key! Such a wonderful addition to an already awesome cocktail. 


No comments:

Post a Comment