Saturday, November 27, 2010

Make-Your-Own Curry Powder


This is kind of a recipe, kind of guidelines, but mostly a post encouraging you to be creative.

I wanted to try a recipe using my Thanksgiving leftovers. I had everything except curry powder. I always try to not make special trips to the store when I can use a viable substitution. So here's my curry powder substitution.

I used this recipe from eHow. But I didn't have everything it called for, and I didn't want to make a huge amount. So I used what I had, threw in a few other things, and here's what my final product contained (approximately):

2 t turmeric
1 t cumin
1 t garlic salt
1/2 t ground ginger
1/2 t dry mustard
1/2 t chili powder
1/4 t allspice
1/8 t cinnamon
1/8 t nutmeg
1/8 t cayenne pepper
dash of ground pepper

Combine in a clean recycled spice jar. Seal and shake. Go ahead and cook with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment