Friday, December 3, 2010

Creative Gift for a 5 Year Old


I was "Jake's" first babysitter when he was an infant. Even though we don't see each other very often anymore, I have yet to miss one of his birthday parties, and this year is no exception. Sticking with my theme of "on a budget," I wanted to give him a gift that let him know how special he is to me, without breaking the bank. He has plenty of toys, books, and stuffed animals. So I opted to wrap up a little something to remind him of one of our favorite things to do on a rainy day: make cookies.

The box contains all the ingredients, plus instructions, to make chocolate chip cookies, our favorite. Of course he'll need mom's help, but I feel good about giving a meaningful gift that won't just pile up in a toy basket, be outgrown, or end up in a landfill.

No comments:

Post a Comment