Sunday, December 26, 2010

Homemade Natural Cleaning Products


It's been awhile since a non-food post. What can I say, I feel helpless without my sewing machine.

I've always loved using essential oils in my home. A few drops in my bath, a few drops instead of perfume, and a few drops in my favorite cleaning solutions. I'm sensitive to many synthetic fragrances, so essential oils are a great substitute. I love supporting EO Products, because they're local and family owned. They've also been very generous to the school I work at.

Two recent concoctions I started using in my home:

All Natural Floor and Surface Cleaner

Combine in a spray bottle:
One cup water
One tablespoon white vinegar
5 drops tea tree oil
15 drops peppermint oil

Use to clean and disinfect floors, counters, tables and what-have-you. It's great for wiping down glass shower doors, too. The disinfecting powers of vinegar are common knowledge, but did you know tea tree oil also has these qualities? And did you know peppermint oil is a natural ant repellent? Next time you have an infestation, try wiping down the area where the ants are swarming with water and peppermint oil.

All Natural Linen and Ironing Spray

Combine in a spray bottle:
One cup water
One tablespoon rose water
5 drops lavender oil

It smells so good to iron now!

No comments:

Post a Comment