Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Knitting Cake

It's been a while since I've had a non-food post... so here ya go.

I come by my craftiness naturally; my mother is a musician, knitter, cook, crafter, and most remarkably, an amazing calligrapher* (she does wedding invites, if you're in the market...). She is also hard to shop for. So when her birthday came around in May, I lucked out when I stopped by a yarn sale in Oakland, and the saleslady suggested I make a "cake" out of a giant skein of yarn she was trying to get rid of. So I bought the skein and some ribbon, and picked up some cake toppers with candles at the drug store, and 15 minutes later I had this:

She loved it so much she refuses to knit with it, and it sits perched in her living room 4 months later. Good thing it's not a real cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment