Monday, August 23, 2010

Sneaky Mashed Potatoes

I was in charge of cooking tonight's family dinner for my parents & brother. Yay! I made my Make-Do Marinade for a tasty tri-tip steak, a salad, and brought half a frozen Gluten Free Chocolate Pear Torte that I served with ice cream. I thought the meal needed mashed potatoes. So I scrubbed, quartered, and boiled the potatoes.

The problem? There's no butter in my parents' house currently.

My sneaky solution? I used the standard mashed potato ingredients (milk, salt, parsley) plus three tablespoons of brie. Brie? Yes brie. Just be sure to add it while the potatoes are still hot enough to melt the cheese.

I don't know many households that have brie but not butter, but hey, it worked. And it was simply scrumptious. In fact, I might prefer it.

No comments:

Post a Comment