Friday, October 8, 2010

Harvest Spice Muffins

This recipe came about quite on accident. I had a cold, and needed to use up the mushy bananas, so I set out to make banana bread. But the cold medicine made me a little loopy, and while I was certainly creative with my substitutions that day, I forgot to add the bananas. So I give you: Harvest Spice Muffins

Combine:

3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour

2 teaspoons baking soda

1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (if you don't have any, increase the amount of the three spices below)

1 teaspoon cinnamon

dash of nutmeg

dash of ground cloves

1/2 teaspoon salt

Set aside.


Mix with beaters on high for 5 minutes:
4 large eggs

1 3/4 cups sugar


Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour 2 muffin tins.

Then add to egg mixture:
3/4 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla

1/4 cup crème fraîche, or yogurt, or sour cream, cream cheese or leftover cream cheese frosting, or if you have none of the above... wait for it... one butterscotch Handi Snak pudding. You're welcome.




 Combine with dry ingredients, then stir in 1 1/3 cups walnuts (or however much you want to put in, if you choose to at all). Pour into muffin tins. Bake for 20 minutes, then test with knife. When it comes out clean or with crumbs, take out. Store in a Ziploc bag or freeze if you won't finish them in the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment