Saturday, October 16, 2010

Thai Peanut Noodle Salad

I wanted something different than spaghetti and marinara tonight and I love Thai food. This recipe did require a trip to the grocery store, but I think it was worth it.

I adapted my recipe from this Epicurious recipe* to help bring down the cost. Some of my substitutions made the final product too spicy, so I have adjusted those ingredients in the recipe below so you don't burn your mouth.

For peanut dressing
1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
1/4 cup soy sauce (make sure it's gluten-free if cooking for a celiac)
1/3 cup warm water
1 tablespoon ground ginger (it called for 2 T of fresh ginger, I used 2 T ground and it was too spicy)
1 medium garlic clove, chopped
2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
1 1/2 tablespoons sesame oil
2 teaspoons honey
1/2 teaspoon ground hot red pepper (cayenne) (called for 1 t and I correctly thought that was too much)

For noodle salad
3/4 lb dried linguine fini or spaghetti (use rice pasta for a gluten-free version)
1 bell pepper, cut into 1/8-inch-thick strips
3 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
broccoli, carrots, or whatever other veggies fit your mood

1) Add plenty of salt to a large pot of water and bring to boil. Add pasta.
2) Chop, steam or wash any veggies you'll be adding. Add sesame seeds to veggies.
3) Combine sauce ingredients in a blender and mix
4) When pasta is done, mix it all together and enjoy! You can also refrigerate and save for later.

This is super easy and yummy hot or cold. Great for your next potluck!

If you use rice pasta, this dish is gluten free.

No comments:

Post a Comment