Saturday, October 2, 2010

Baked Shiraz-Soy Chicken

It looks like rain tonight, so I won't be firing up the (outdoor) grill. I want to see how my Make-Do Marinade works in the oven:

3/4 cup Shiraz (or any red, really... or Rosé)
2/3 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup vegetable oil (olive, canola, whatever)
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup lemon juice (I had none, so I used orange juice)
2 tablespoons Worchestershire sauce (I had none, so I used A1 sauce)
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1.5 teaspoons minced garlic
4 large chicken breasts, fresh or thawed (If you're cooking for 1 or 2, make these anyway, and save them for workday lunches. The barbecued version of this chicken was delicious hot or cold.)

Preheat oven to 375. Prepare the marinade in a large baking dish. Place thawed chicken breasts in marinade, cover with foil, and bake for 50 minutes to an hour.

The result: Not as flavorful as I would like, but JT likes it. In the future I'll stick with the grill for this one. Either that, or allow the chicken to sit in the marinade for much longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment